Andrew Spooner runs our Community Care Law department. We represent people who may not be receiving the care they need in the community, or are being incorrectly charged or overcharged for that care.
Andrew is extremely knowledgeable in this complex and niche area of law.
If you are a service user, carer or professional, we can help. Legal Aid funding is available to those clients who are financially eligible.
We can help with the following problems:
- Failure by a local authority to carry out community care assessments
- Failure to provide adequately for care needs following assessment
- Withdrawal & reduction of community care services
- Charging disputes
- Provision of services to people leaving hospital
- Aftercare services following discharge from detention under the Mental Health Act
- Healthcare rationing & closure of residential homes, day centres & specialist clinics
- Court of Protection work
- Deprivation of Liberty matters and Advance Directives